Liberty Rehabilitation Hospital is a state-of-the-art, 36-bed inpatient acute rehabilitation hospital dedicated to the treatment and recovery of individuals who have experienced a loss of function due to an injury or illness. We offer intensive, patient-focused, specialized rehabilitation services.
Our rehabilitation programs provide ongoing care to patients in their recovery journey. We offer customized, intensive rehabilitation tailored to the individual needs of those recovering from stroke, brain injury, neurological conditions, trauma, spinal cord injury, amputation, and orthopedic injury.
Our hospital strives to maximize the health, function, and quality of life of those we serve through comprehensive physical medicine and rehabilitation programs.
For those acute patients who qualify, research shows inpatient rehabilitation hospitals are an effective setting for:
- Walking and transferring independently again
- Going home quickly
- Short lengths of stay
- Receiving daily physician and nurse attention
- Minimizing hospital readmission
Distinguishing Features of Inpatient Rehabilitation:
- Daily accessible physician specially trained in rehab
- Low patient-to-rehab nurse ratio goal: 5-7 patients to one rehab nurse
- Intensive therapy with short lengths of stay
- Transfer to an inpatient rehabilitation hospital does not require full three-day stay at a short-term acute care hospital
- 15 hours/week of therapy required